Do You Consider Yourself a Good Speaker?
Daily Read – Do You Consider Yourself a Good Speaker?
If you consider yourself a good leader, than you probably have decent speaking skills. You must in order to deliver presentations and to motivate your employees, right? Of course, there is always room for improvement. Here are five tips to help make your presentations ever more memorable!
- Start With Your Face – make good eye contact by moving your eyes in a tic-tac-toe pattern and briefly locking eyes with as many people as you can. Also, SMILE!
- Use your Body – use elaborate hand gestures and resist the temptation to stand still and behind a podium. Use your entire space and move around!
- Master Your Voice – use inflection to keep your speech interesting (a slight lift of voice means a question, lowering your voice shows authority). Slow down and pause.
- Shake It Up – you need to be entertaining and interactive to keep the audiences attention.
- Practice… a Lot! –according to Malcom Gladwell, it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert.
Read the entire article at: http://www.inc.com/eric-v-holtzclaw/public-speaking-leadership-expert-tips.html?nav=pop