How’s Your Credibility?
Daily Read – How’s Your Credibility?
Your success in business is directly proportional to how quickly (and how well) you can establish credibility with your customers, investors, and colleagues. You won’t succeed in business if nobody believes in you. Here’s how to make certain they do.
- Be genuine about who you really are. The moment you pretend to be more (or other) than you really are, your credibility flies out the window. Be authentic, even if all you bring to the table is your enthusiasm.
- Know the legitimate value of what you provide. When you (truly) know what you’re products and services are worth, you’re unafraid to communicate both the strengths and the limitations of your offering.
- Have insights based on research and analysis. Adding insights to a conversation automatically creates credibility. It takes time and research. Remember: even the smartest CEO doesn’t know everything, and as an outsider, you can bring a fresh perspective to old problems.
- Listen actively, consider carefully, and respond succinctly. People who have credibility don’t feel the need to “prove it” all the time.
- Never talk or write in “sales-speak.” Clearly describe how your offering improves your customer’s business. Avoid cliché’s like money-back guarantee, best practices, etc.
- Be a catalyst rather than a hero. Credibility comes not from your heroic actions, but from your ability to “crystallize” problems and solutions.
Read entire article at: http://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/6-ways-to-enhance-your-credibility.html