How’s Your Work-Life Balance?
Daily Read – How’s Your Work-Life Balance?
Somewhere in between dreaming about a 4-hour work week and the reality that you’re becoming a 24×7 workaholic is an elusive notion called work-life balance. It is possible to reach a great work-life balance – one that can create a life of fulfillment not a life filled with regret. And, the good news? It’s in your control! Here are five factors that make the difference:
- Acknowledge there is an optimum balance and this balancing point is different for everyone.
- It’s all about your goals… Life is about trade-offs. You need to make sure your goals are realistic. For example, if you want to golf all day and party all night, it’s not realistic to expect a Ferrari to be sitting in your driveway.
- …and how hard you’re willing to work to achieve them. If you want to have it all, then you’re going to have to work long and hard and be disciplined to achieve them. Be realistic about what you want and how hard you are willing to work when setting them. Remember-life is about trade-offs.
- It helps a lot if you love your work. It doesn’t seem like hard work when you love the work! Your work becomes a part of your life and if you’re passionate about what you do, your work is part of your happiness.
- You don’t have to be on 24×7. Don’t let the gadgets, tools, and toys get the better of them. Understanding it is as much about (maybe more) giving in to instant gratification, the need for attention, and the addictive qualities of our communication overloaded culture than it is about
The bottom line is this. Seeking balance in life is highly subjective. Instead of waiting until the end of your life to find out if you’ve achieved balance, think about these five factors and come up with a combination that works for you. You have more control than you think.
Read entire article at: http://goo.gl/ZIkwn