How to Get and Stay Motivated (in a nutshell)
Daily Read – How to Get and Stay Motivated (in a nutshell)
This is a summary of Geoffrey James’ summary of Omar Periu’s (one of the world’s top motivational speakers) motivational tips. Phew! That’s a mouthful, but read on!
- Always act with a purpose. If you don’t know why you’re doing something, you’re making that part of your life utterly meaningless.
- Take responsibility for your own results. Taking responsibility is not about blame or credit; it’s about what you do next. If you’re responsible for your own results, you take ownership of whatever future that emerges from those results.
- Don’t wait for perfection, just do it now! Perfectionists are the hugest losers in life because they either expect things to be perfect before they take action or, if they do take action, they can’t enjoy whatever happens because it’s not the perfect outcome.
- Eat wisely because success takes energy. If you want the energy to act, the energy to achieve your goals, you need to give your body the kind of fuel that can create that energy.
- Surround yourself with motivated people. If you hang around people who are energized, purposeful and committed to making a difference in the world, that’s what you’ll consider “normal.” Being motivated will stop being something that you do and instead become who you are.
Read entire article at: http://goo.gl/gnrFC