Loving Your Career? If Not Change It Up!
Daily Read- Loving Your Career? If Not Change It Up!
Pursuing what you’re passionate about is often the best way to be happy in your career. Doing something you love will make you work harder at it, but that alone doesn’t mean you have a good business. Hard work, ultimately, has to meet with the right opportunities, and that’s where entrepreneurial spirit can come in, allowing passion to meet real business sense. If you are looking to change your career, here are some tried and tested lessons you can learn from:
1. Treat goals like recipes. Remember to take it one step at a time. It’s easy to get mired in the day-to-day, and though you may be doing something you love broadly speaking, that doesn’t mean you will love it all the time.
2. Get to know the people who came before you. This will help you to better understand the landscape as well as the successes and mistakes these guys had made.
3. Always have something to offer. Start small, ask if you can watch the service of your interest for the day. In exchange, offer to do something you are good at and comfortable with.
4. Seek help from those who do it better than you can. Use your network and resources thoughtfully. If you don’t have a skill, you likely know someone who does.
5. Prepare to be uncomfortable, both physically and mentally. Some of the greatest lessons and most gratifying experiences will come from times you arent entirely comfortable with what you are doing.
Read entire article at: http://goo.gl/C2wk1X