You Control Your Day! Choose to Make it Good.
Daily Read – You Control Your Day! Choose to Make it Good.
Whether you dread waking up in the morning or leap to your feet when the alarm goes off, you have the power to determine what your day will be like. Don’t believe it? Try one of these tips each day of the week (or combine them) and see if you don’t replace stress and distractions with productivity and optimism.
- Plan the night before. Start your day organized. Take 15 minutes to organize your to-do-list, breakfast menu and your clothes the night before, and you’ll wake up feeling in control and relaxed.
- Try 15 minutes of meditation. Some might be afraid that a meditation session early in the morning could just put you back to sleep. But genuine meditation actually stimulates the brain in a deep and thoughtful way.
- Begin with inspirational reading. Buy a few books that are uplifting, inspiring, or even humorous for your first brain stimulus. This will give you positive, fun thoughts to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Open your eyes to fresh flowers. Research suggests that exposure to bright colors in the early morning raises your spirits and energy. So pick up a pleasant bouquet every few days and set it right in your view.
- Trade coffee for green tea. Coffee is a great stimulant, but sometimes it can over-stimulate and the acid can make your stomach uncomfortable. Try a soothing cup of green tea to start instead. You’ll still get the caffeine you crave (just a bit less), plus healthy antioxidants.
- Get some exercise. Exercise is a great stimulant to wake you up, and make you feel good. It’s good for the body and pumping those endorphins makes your mind happy and alert.
- Schedule a hopeful appointment. Feel more energized getting out of bed by scheduling an important meeting about an exciting opportunity first thing. The prospect of a fun and productive encounter usually wakes me with a smile and often without an alarm clock.
Read entire article at: http://goo.gl/7WExwp